Becoming a client of the The Furry Godmother is simple.
- Call to make a reservation (251) 210-8834 or use our online form
- Get your confirmation for our service (via email or telephone)
Consultations last between 20 – 30 minutes.
- Leave plenty of pet food, snacks, and enough medication for your pet
- Leave written instructions on feeding times, amount to feed, and grooming
- Tell us about your pets favorite hiding places, it’s likes and dislikes
- MAKE SURE YOUR PET IS WEARING ID TAGS
- Let us know if anyone will be entering/visiting your home while you’re away
- Leave vet contact information in case of emergency
We utilize a 24-hour scheduling and cancellation policy to make certain all clients receive first rate service. If you call or email to schedule or cancel a visit with less than 24-hour notice, you will be charged an additional $5.00 fee.
If you are a first-time client, we require full payment up-front. Payment can be in the form of cash, check, or money order, made at the time of our consultation. Or can be sent electronically through Paypal (using bank draft, credit, or debit card). If you choose Paypal, we will send an email invoice.
If you are an existing client, we request payment on the first day of service, which should be placed in a sealed envelope, and left in a prominent place in your home.
Please note: Checks returned by the bank for any reason, are subject to a $25.00 fee
During extreme weather conditions, severe storms, extreme heat and humidity, we keep dogs outside ONLY as long as it’s comfortable for them. However, we do whatever we can to make it easier for them to relieve themselves before returning home.
There is an additional surcharge for services provided on the following major holidays…
- New Year’s Eve and New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day, and the following Friday
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Please contact us within two hours of returning home. If we don’t hear from you, and cannot reach you, and additional visit may be necessary to ensure the safety, and comfort of your pet(s). This will incur an additional charge.
Most of our clients prefer that we keep a copy of their key(s) in our safe (in an undisclosed location), which allows us to provide short-notice service in the future. If you prefer us to return your key(s), there will be a $15 drop-off charge at the end of our service, and at the beginning of our next service. Keys are either dropped off in person, or sent Certified mail.
We tag your keys with a customized bar code and never place any other identifying information on your key(s). Our insurance policy covers lost keys. If we lose your keys, we will pay to have your house re-keyed.
If you feel uncomfortable providing us with a set of keys, you may purchase a “lock box” from us that you can attach to any entrance door. The cost of the lock box is $30.
If you have electronic access to your home via garage doors, remote controls, etc. We will still need copies of your keys during your service period in the event of an electrical outage.
- We request a copy of your key(s) be made for us to keep on hand. The key(s) will be picked up during your initial consultation.
- If you choose to have keys returned at the end of service, there will be a $15 charge. Key(s) will be returned with 7 days of the end of your service, in person or by certified mail. There will also be a $15.00 charge for future key pick up or delivery. See Service & Rates
- Keys are kept in a safe when not in use. Our insurance covers re-keying your home if by chance your keys are lost.